On October 28th Union State Council of Ministers’ meeting was held in Moscow. In the course of the meeting Chairman of Belarus’ State Frontier Committee Major General Igor Rachkovski made a report “On implementation progress of the Programme to Equip Union State External Frontier with Necessary Amenities for the period 2007-2011”.
Belarusian part of the Programme consists of 5 sections:
1. Construction and equipment of frontier infrastructure facilities at the external border of the Union State.
2. Development of communications system and control automation.
3. Engineering equipment of the border.
4. Development of aviation of Belarus Border Services Agency
5. Training, retraining and professional development of military personnel of Belarus Border Services Agency at educational organizations with frontier specialization under Russia’s Federal Security Service.
As is reported by Igor Rachkovski, at present Baltic part of Belarusian border is being equipped with the necessary amenities on the basis of this programme. As of October 1st, 2009 75% of the money allocated for Belarusian part of the Programme has been drawn. By the end of the year the appropriated funds will have been drawn in full.